Don't Ignore Your Heel Pain
How your podiatrists in Livonia, Royal Oak, and Commerce Township, MI, can help with heel pain
If you suffer from heel pain, you already know how annoying it can be. You have things to do, and people to see, but your heel pain can keep you on the couch. Don’t ignore your heel pain and hope it goes away on its own because it may get worse. Podiatrists, Dr. Randy Semma and Dr. Michele Bertelle-Semma at Nationwide Foot & Ankle Care want to share the facts about heel pain and what you can do to get relief. They have two convenient office locations in Royal Oa, and Livonia, MI, to help you and your feet.
There are some simple reasons why you might experience heel pain, and you can usually get some relief with home remedies. These are just a few of the more common reasons for heel pain:
- Dry skin, which can cause deep cracks and fissures on your heel and cause heel pain; you should always apply a thick, cream moisturizer to your heels especially in summer when your feet are exposed.
- Heel bruises, which are caused by stepping on sharp objects; you can try icing your heel several times each day and remember to wear supportive, protective shoes.
- Bone spurs, which are caused by muscle and ligament strain or excess calcium deposits; bone spurs aren’t a condition you can treat yourself. You need to call the experts at Nationwide Foot & Ankle Care.
Plantar fasciitis, which is caused by inflammation of the thick band of tissue which runs across your heel, the plantar fascia; you can try icing your heel and taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication, but your best line of defense is calling the experts at Nationwide Foot & Ankle Care. They have several effective treatments including:
- Padding and taping your heel and foot
- Physical therapy and stretching exercises
- Custom orthotics, walking casts, or night splints
- Cortisone injections into your heel
Get some help for your heel pain by talking with the experts. You depend on your feet to take you through life, so don’t ignore them. Instead, pick up the phone and call your podiatrists, Dr. Randy Semma and Dr. Michele Bertelle-Semma at Nationwide Foot & Ankle Care, with offices in Livonia, Royal Oak, and Commerce Township, MI. Call today!