How your podiatrists in Livonia, Saginaw, and Royal Oak, MI, can help you this year.
This year promises to be exciting, and if you have made a commitment to stay active, it’s a good idea to visit your podiatrist. Your feet are going to take you through your life, including your physical activities. You need to make sure your feet are healthy, and your podiatrist can help.
Drs. Randy Semma, Michele Bertelle-Semma, and Stacey Stefansky at Nationwide Foot & Ankle Care offer a wide range of foot and ankle services. They have several convenient office locations in Livonia, Saginaw, and Royal Oak, MI, to help you and your feet.
Seeing your podiatrist at least once each year is a great idea, as part of your routine healthcare. You may need to see your podiatrist more often in 2022 if you:
- Suffer chronic pain in your ankles or feet
- Notice color or texture changes to your skin or toenails
- See cracks on the skin of your ankles, feet, or toes
- Feel blisters or sores on your ankles, feet, or toes
If you are diabetic, it becomes even more important to visit your podiatrist regularly. Diabetes affects your nervous, immune, and circulatory systems, causing a wide variety of problems which can show up in your feet. Diabetes can cause:
- Diabetic neuropathy, which is nerve pain in your feet and legs
- Delayed healing, so a small cut can turn into a large, open sore
- Lack of blood flow, which can result in amputations
Visiting your podiatrist in 2022 can help keep your ankles, feet, and toes in top shape, because your podiatrist can also treat:
- Ankle issues, including lateral ankle instability
- Foot issues, including plantar fasciitis and bunions
- Toe issues, including fungal toenail and hammertoes
To learn more about how your podiatrist can help you and your feet in 2022, call Drs. Randy Semma, Michele Bertelle-Semma, and Stacey Stefansky at Nationwide Foot & Ankle Care. You can reach them in Livonia, MI, at (734) 261-3400, or in Saginaw, MI, at (989) 475-5234, or in Royal Oak, MI, at (248) 549-3338, so call today.